Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pio Quinto: a Nicaraguan custard cake that will have your tastebuds asking for more.  

I have had the pleasure of tasting Pio Quinto made from a scratch. My boyfriends mom is from Nicaragua and a couple weeks ago she made this amazing dessert. It is a classic vanilla cake made from scratch, drenched in rum and layered with custard and finally topped with powered cinnamon. Though the process is a bit longer than some would like and the steps are some what tedious because they have to be done in that specific order, I  say it is truly worth it.  I promise as soon as I talk to my boyfriends mom again I'll ask her for her secrets from her Nicaraguan point of view. But for now, Manami posted her recipe on food.com for her version of Pio Quinto. I hope you enjoy making and I really do recommend it for everyone to try. 

Definitely a dessert that is worth giving a try, Pio Quinto from Nicaragua. 
                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment